While the TaSH is closed Saturday, here are EIGHT things to get excited about now and through the last few weeks of the market!
1) Blessed Brewery is launching a HOME DELIVERY service this winter!
They will host a home delivery service during our off-season from December 2018 through April 2019 to get you through the winter! Ask Stephanie from Blessed Brewery about it at the market next week.
2) Thanksgiving turkeys are coming to the TaSH!
We are excited to announce that this year we'll be offering a limited selection of fresh and frozen locally-raised turkeys for sale! Meadowland Farm will begin taking pre-orders on Sat., Nov 3 + more details will be shared next week.
3) Itching for Sweethearth Bakeshop? You can go pick some up TODAY at their kitchen in Bronxville. Since they won't be able to sell their goodies at the market this weekend, they're happy to arrange a pick-up at their kitchens. They'll have granola varieties, scones, biscuits, cupcakes and brownies! Message them on Instagram (@sweethearth_bakeshop) to arrange a pick-up!
5) Last chance to take our ANNUAL CUSTOMER SURVEY + potentially earn TaSH Cash! We're extending our annual customer survey to stay open through November 17 but you only have a few more days to be eligible to win TaSH Cash!!! We'll randomly select 15 winners by October 31 to win TaSH Cash. All winners will be notified via e-mail and TaSH Cash will be available for pick-up at next week's market on November 3. You must include your e-mail at the end of the survey to enter. English Survey Link:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5H9J7RY Spanish Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VYNTDMH
6) Start thinking about stocking your pantry. Many of our farmers and vendors offer items that store very well throughout the winter and with only a few weeks left until the season ends, it's time to start taking inventory! Farmer Laura from Peace & CarrotsFarm tells us she's using her "free" time not spent at today's market to create beautiful garlic braids that she'll have at the market soon. These will easily store for a couple of months at home - if not longer!
7) Make plans to visit a farm or orchard while you still can! Many of our farmers offer farmstands and pick-your-own visits for a limited time of year. As the seasons get cooler, there are only so many weekends left. Mead Orchards will offer its FINAL day of pick-your-own apples this Sunday, October 28. Fishkill Farms will have its final Fall Festival Weekend this weekend but continue to offer pick-your-own for a few more weeks. Check their websites for more details!
8) Sign up for our vendors' newsletters! For example, did you know you can pre-order your fish ahead of time from Hudson Valley Seafood? Take note next weekend at the market and ask vendors if they have newsletters or sign-up sheets so you can get first dibs on what's fresh!